Flair operates by the community via voting power gained by holding $FLAIR tokens.
In Q4 2022 Flair development team will set up a DAO to completely delegate all governor roles to the community of $FLAIR token holders. Until then, development team is the holder of the governor's role on smart contracts via a multisig controlled by Aram and Kasra.
Governor role can decide on:
- Collectors and creators $FLAIR token reward ratio.
- Mint $FLAIR tokens (based on current implementation).
- Withdraw accrued protocol fee in Treasury.
- Upgrade Token and Treasury smart contracts to a new implementation.
Governor role CANNOT:
- Control or withdraw payments of collectors (within Funding contract).
- Manipulate or update funding offers and contributions (i.e. payments).
- 1.Launch the protocol and have first few successful projects, this will provide enough experience on important aspects of the protocol concerning governance.
- 2.Design the token launch mechanics (private and public sale) and renounce the ownership of the contract and remove upgradability, so the team can no more control or mint $FLAIR tokens.
- 3.After growing the community of $FLAIR holders to a healthy number a DAO based on Compound-inspired OpenZepplin contracts will be launched and governor role will be transferred to that DAO.
- 4.Based on DAO's decision future of Treasury contract will be decided, to either remain upgradable or DAO removes the upgradability and keep the last version.